Name of Game:
Number of Students:
Make alphabet shapes on the floor in groups
- Clear lots of room on the floor
- Divide class into teams of 3 students
- After you say a letter kids must lie down on the floor and make the shape of the letter using their bodies
- The first correct team to finish wins
- Have larger teams spell words as they become more advanced
Have 2-3 teams participate at one time or it becomes to hard to watch them all. It is a good idea to help guide them in learning the correct way to make/write the letter as students often make the letter backwards or spell ‘Z’ when you say ‘D’.
Bring alphabet cards to class to show the kids if they are incorrect or have don’t know the letter. Or, take pictures of your kids, print them up, and use them as alphabet cards.