Name of Game:
Number of Students:
Students use fly swatters to hit vocab words on the board
- Write vocabulary words scattered across the board
- Place two chairs in front of the board with a fly swatter on each chair
- Divide class into two equal teams
- Have one student from each team sit in the chairs with their backs to the board
- Say one of the vocabulary words on the board
- Students stand and find the word on the board
- Students get one swat and the first student to hit the word with their fly swatter gets one point for their team
- If neither students hits the right word, the next students are up and no points are awarded.
- Repeat until everyone has had at least one turn
Use pictures for young students who haven’t learned the alphabet
This game can be used with any level student who needs to practice vocabulary and is an exciting way to warm up the class. Students will often get loud so don’t let teammates shout the answer or location of the word.