Okunuşu tamamen aynı olan, aynı telaffuza sahip kelimeleri nasıl ayıracağız, anlamları nedir? Gelin beraber inceleyelim.
Yazım denetleyicileri yıllar içerisinde çok yol aldılar ve günümüzde bilgisayar kullanan, özellikle yazı yazanların en büyük yardımcılarıdır. Sosyal medyada yazarken, iş için e-mail yazışmaları yaparken veya doküman hazırlar, hep bize yardımcı olurlar.
Yazım hatalarını bulmak artık biraz daha kolaylaştı, ancak gelin görün ki telaffuz veya yabancı dil telaffuzu için hala ciddi bir denetleyici yok. Internet ortamında bazı telaffuz denetleyici ve konuştuğunuzun doğruluğunu ölçen kaynaklar olsa da, hiçbirisi yeterli seviyede değildir.
Sizlere bu kısımda telaffuzları aynı veya çok yakın olan ancak farklı anlamda olan kelimelerden bahsetmeye çalışacağım.
- A while isim – bir süre / Awhile zarf – bir süre
It had been a while since the long-lost lovers had seen each other, but their passion was still so true they didn’t mind waiting awhile for their fast-approaching reunion.
- Accept fiil – kabul etm. / Except zarf – dışında
Everyone except Christopher, who has already discovered the truth, needs to accept the fact that the world is not flat.
- Affect fiil – etkilemek / Effect isim – etki
The technicians didn’t realize that the special effect that creepily breathed down viewers necks would affect audience members so deeply. People ran out of the theater screaming.
- Aide isim – yardımcı / Aid isim, fiil – yardımcı olm.
The teacher’s aide was the first to arrive at school that day. So when the tornado hit, she gave as much aid to the kids as possible.
- Aloud zarf – yüksek sesle /Allowed isim – izin, izinli
After breaking the television set he wasn’t allowed to touch, Bart had to repeat this phrase aloud 1,000 times: I will not replace the television dials with marshmallows.
- Anytime isim – zaman /Any time zarf – her zaman
Call anytime! Actually, scratch that. Call me at any time after 5:00 p.m.
- Bizarre sıfat – tuhaf /Bazaar isim – çarşı
The strange, old-fashioned bazaar featured a freak show made up of bizarre and mysterious people.
- Capital isim – sermaye / Capitol isim – kongre binası
The protesters left their own state capitals to converge on the Capitol building in Washington, DC, and rally for their cause.
- Cite fiil – bahsetmek / Site isim – yer / Sight isim – görüş
The site of the excavation came into sight as they emerged from the tunnel. If the bones were in fact dinosaur bones, then scientists would need to cite the analysis taken from this discovery in every paleontology research paper for the next hundred years.
- Compliment isim – iltifat / Complement isim – tamamlayıcı
The winemaker received compliment after compliment for her incredible pairing. Each selected dish seemed the perfect complement to the chosen vintages.
- Conscience isim – vicdan / Conscious sıfat – bilinçli
My conscience plagues me most when I’m sleeping. Then, when I wake up, I become conscious of the guilt I’m feeling for my actions.
- Desert isim – çöl / Dessert isim – tatlı
If only this hot, sandy desert was made of dessert. Then I could simply eat my way out of it.
- Elude fiil – kurtulmak / Allude fiil – ima etmek
If you’re going to allude to your diamond heist so casually in conversation, you should prepare to elude the authorities, who will most likely find out about the theft.
- Ensure fiil – sağlamak / Insure fiil – sigortalamak
It seems strange that in order to ensure my son can receive medical treatment, I need to insure him with the healthcare company on the day of his birth.
- Every day zarf – her gün / Everyday sıfat – günlük
Just because the office attire is everyday wear doesn’t mean you should wear the same clothes every day.
- Formerly zarf – eskiden / Formally zarf – resmen- usulen
Formerly a Buddhist monk clothed only in a tunic, he was confused by the need to dress formally, in a shirt and tie, for work.
- Guerilla isim – gerilla / Gorilla isim – fedai
The paramilitary forces had a new tactic; they were going to use actual gorillas as foot soldiers in their guerilla warfare.
- Led fiil – izin vermek V2 / Lead isim – öncülük
He led them through the dangerous forest of giant spiders with only a headlamp and a lead pipe. As the lead scout, he needed to be brave and fearless even though he felt incredibly frightened.
- One isim – bir tek / Won fiil – kazanmak V2
She won the costumed thumb war competition by one measly point.
- Pedal fiil – pedal çevirmek / Peddle fiil – seyyar satıcılık yapmak
If you want to peddle stolen goods to innocent people, you’d better be prepared to pedal your bike as fast as you can away from the town when you’re done.
- Pore fiil – dikkat etmek / Pour fiil – dökmek
If you pore over your schoolbooks with the same discipline that you apply to gaming, I won’t be forced to pour this macaroni over your head.
- Premier isim – başbakan / Premiere isim – gala
The premier of Switzerland eagerly awaited the premiere of the new production of the Sound of Music. The woman cast as Maria was the country’s premier actress.
- Principle isim – ilke prensip / Principal sıfat – anapara
School principals should be people of principle. Their behavior and attitude should, in principle, be an example to all students.
- Reign isim – egemenlik / Rein isim – idare dizgin
Take the reins and lead the horse as if you’re ruling a kingdom and your reign has lasted five decades.
- Weather isim – hava / Whether bağlaç – eğer
Who cares about the weather? We’re going to have a good time regardless of whether it’s raining, snowing, or glowing.