Name of Game:
Number of Students:
Pairs or small groups
Remember words and phrases and dictate them to your partner
- Break students up into groups of 3-4, or pairs for small classes
- Put one sentence on a piece of paper for each team
- One leader from each team goes to the board and tries to remember their sentence
- The leader returns to their group and dictates the sentence while team members write it down
- First team to finish correctly gets a point
- Change words/sentences and switch leaders
- Use pictures for children who can’t spell and have them draw the picture instead of writing the words
- Use multiple sentences for more advanced students
sentences around the room and have each group member do one each.
- Groups have to put the sentences into the right order before turning in the paper
Make each team’s paper different so students don’t simply listen to other teams. Leaders are not allowed to take their paper, write down anything, or yell across the room. They are allowed to return to board to look at their paper as many times as they like. Use words from class to reinforce learned vocabulary and grammar structures.
What are your variations? Leave comments on other variations below…