Name of Game:
Run and Write
Number of Students:
Groups of 3-4
Find word in list and write in on the board
- Give each team a list of words
- Have each team select a leader
- Teacher says one word from list several times
- Teams search for word, then have leader go to board and write word
- Leaders must give teach a Hi-five after writing the word correctly
- First leader to give the teacher hi-five gets five points
- Next leader to finished gets 4 points, next one 3, etc
- Use sentences for higher levels
You can make a word list or just use the word index in the back of your textbook. Students cannot shout letters out to leader but they can show it to her/him as many times as they need. Encourage them to say the letters out loud when the leader come over for help. Subtracting a point from noisy teams helps keep things under control.
Make sure to switch leaders after every word and do a follow up exercise with the words used.