Name of Game:
How Many Words Do You Know?
Number of Students:
Write down all of the 2-letter words you know
- Divide chalkboard into four equal vertical sections (columns).
- Make two rows of deskbound students one team
- Have teams pick a team leader to go to the chalkboard
- Leaders write all the two-letter words they know on the count of 1, 2, 3, GO!
- Team members help their leader by shouting out words and by writing words in
big letters on paper and holding it up for leader to see
- Stop with 10, 9, 8,…0, STOP!
- Three-letter, four-letter words, etc.
- Words that begin with the letter ‘S’, ‘R’, ‘Th’, etc.
Decide beforehand whether dictionaries, textbooks, etc. are legal or not and rules for what kind of words can be used (ie names, acronyms that are accepted as words, etc). Will you count words if students don’t know the meaning? Also, class gets noisy so make sure to close windows and doors.